I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. It seems like each year time goes by a little bit faster. Sometimes I think Thanksgiving gets pushed aside and hidden because of Black Friday that follows right after. I thought to give Thanksgiving the love and attention it deserves in sharing 10 reasons why I love Thanksgiving so much. Enjoy!
There are affiliate links in this post.
10 Reasons I Love Thanksgiving
You can eat all day and no one will say a word.
Instead of one side dish, you can scoop up a little of each.
Thanksgiving themed movies and shows.
Thanksgiving day parade.
Pretty fall leaves.
Pumpkin Pie and all other desserts to stuff your face with.
A good excuse to sit down with the whole family and spend time together.
Tasty leftovers for the rest of the week and weekend follow.
Football season, or the dog show if you aren’t a fan of sports.
Cool weather is perfect for warm and cozy hoodies.
So those are some of the fun reasons why I love Thanksgiving. Make sure to share why you are such a fan. If you can’t tell the delicious food and family time are truly my two favorite reasons. I love getting to spend time with my kids and family, it makes my world fill perfectly complete.
While my family didn’t gather for Christmas, that I can remember, we always found a way to gather for Thanksgiving. When my eldest was born, I recall spending nearly every Thanksgiving with my father and stepmom then having another full family gathering on my mom’s side at my Grams house. This year, though, I am not certain what new Thanksgiving tradition we will have. My gram has moved down south and my father will be out hunting.
Thanksgiving Decor and Fun Items
- Eat Drink and Be Thankful Cutlery Holders, 12 Pack
- EBTOYS Thanksgiving Photo Booth Props 29 DTY Kits Thanksgiving Day Decorations，Happy Thanksgiving Party Favor
- Thanksgiving Leftover Containers 20
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey!
- Beistle 4-Pack Decorative Thanksgiving Playmates, 4-Inch-5-Inch
- Happy Thanksgiving Streamer Party Accessory 1 count 1Pkg
- 72 ct Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcake or Appetizer Picks
- 4Pcs Baby Thanksgiving Outfit Newborn Boy Girl Set Bodysuit Pants with Hat and Headband 3-6M, White
- Give Thanks Blocks – Decorative Accessories
- Beistle Fall Leaf Tablecover
- DII Cotton Thanksgiving Kitchen Apron with Pocket and Extra Long Ties, 28.5 x 26″, Cute Women Ruffle Apron for Family day, Holidays, Christmas and Housewarming Gift-Get Together
I have fond memories of my childhood sitting at the kid’s table with my cousins at my Grams house. Listening to family chatter and laugh. Thanksgiving reminds me that family is truly a special thing to have and I am ever grateful to have people I call family.
5 thoughts on “10 Reasons I love Thanksgiving”
I love that Thanksgiving means a mellow day of hanging around with my family! We definitely have a huge meal, but it’s become very casual over the years.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There’s no pressure to buy gifts, just to bring good food.
Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday after Christmas! I love the decor and the food and the togetherness and the thankfulness.
I love this list! Thanksgiving is a really fun holiday. I mostly like visiting with family — but pumpkin pie is up there too!
I love football, family time, and pie! But seriously its one of my favorite holidays!
Comments are closed.