Did you know that over 40 million people in the United States suffer from anxiety? It might feel like you are alone and no one understands the feelings you go through, but know you are not alone. A lot of people don’t get that you can’t just stop thinking about the issue at hand that is eating at you. If it was that easy anxiety wouldn’t exist. I have some anxiety life hacks to help you work through and try to overcome your anxiety attacks in those hard moments.
This post includes affiliate links.
Every person is different, so what works some won’t work for others. There is an answer out there to help you in overcoming your anxiety. Whether it is a fear of failure, being alone, fear of getting sick, finances, and the list goes on.
20 Life Hacks to Overcome Anxiety
- Fidget Cubes or Spinners to occupy your mind.
- Find someone who you can trust and listens to talk to.
- Focus on deep breathing when you find your anxiety attack is beginning.
- Read self-help books that are anxiety focused.
- Coloring books for adults is a great stress reliever.
- Try eating healthier and drinking more water. A well-rounded meal can make your more balanced.
- Cut out sugar and caffeine in your diet, both can heighten anxiety.
- Try out essential oils to help relieve anxiety.
- Take up a hobby to try and occupy your mind.
- Try a weighted blanket.
- Look for games on your phone to play to try and distract your mind.
- Pray, meditate, or try breathing techniques to help center your mind and body.
- Start an anxiety diary, when you find yourself struggling, grab a pen and paper, then write out how you are feeling. It can be a safe place and help you feel a release of emotions.
- Remind yourself that there are so many people who feel and go through the same emotions, you are not crazy, and you are not alone.
- Make sure to get enough sleep each night, running on little sleep heightens anxiety and stress levels.
- Speak 10 positive attributes about yourself in your mind. This is a great way to remind yourself of how awesome you are.
- Find some prayers to read to help remind you that God is in control and these feelings of doubt will pass.
- Find positive people to surround yourself with to help keep you inspired.
- Try to do something fun to lift your spirits.
- Exercising can help reduce your anxiety and stress levels and help you feel more relaxed.
There are so many different ways you can try to break free from your anxiety. Just know that overcoming fears or struggles takes time and it doesn’t happen overnight. Work at training your brain to think or focus on other things when you feel that anxious feeling rising up from your guts. You can and will overcome, it can just take time and some work.