Finally a Head Lice Treatment that Works
Head lice. It’s every parent’s nightmare. In my personal experience, I found that it’s something that hits most elementary aged students. I figure hanging their coats up and sitting next to each other, sharing hats and simply interacting as young children do tends to increase the chances of your child getting head lice.
Back in my day of growing up, we had head lice checks at school. I remember lining up as we waited for our turn to have the school nurse check our heads. If we had head lice, we were sent home with a note to our parents that the head lice had to be taken care of before we could return to school. Now, in the current day, head lice have been labeled simply a nuisance and is no longer cause for a student to not attend school. Hence why head lice are just out of control, no one is being forced to deal with it. Just my thoughts.
5 Facts About Head Lice
With that being said, here are some facts about head lice that I’ve learned over the years, perhaps they can help you be more aware if head lice have taken over your child’s head or not.
- Between 6-12 million children between the ages of 3-11 will get head lice each year.
- Head lice thrive on clean hair, back in our day we thought it was a sign of being dirty.
- Head lice cannot live on your pets.
- Head lice does not jump or swim, so don’t panic.
- Nits are very hard to see on hair unless your child has super dark hair.
What to do When Your Child Gets Head Lice
- Use a product that has been proven to cure head lice, such as Lice Clinics of America products.
- Wash the clothing, bedding and other items that hair has touched on a daily basis to rid the home of head lice.
- Inform the school and any friends that your child has been around to avoid spreading head lice.
- Screen the entire household to ensure all people in the home are treated for head lice.
- Sit down and breath. This is tedious and will seem to never end, but you got this!
About Lice Clinics of America
Head lice affects everyone. Head lice doesn’t judge or discriminate and it can happen to any person from any type of household. When head lice are found on a child’s head at school it literally can spread so fast that it turns life upside down for everyone. Lice Clinics of America were created to help make the cure of head lice quick, easy and not so tedious so that families could get back to regular life in no time. They thrive to empower families and schools to feel empowered with their battle against head lice. You can click here to try to see if they have a clinic near you and if they do, you may want to keep note of that location.