Martha’s Vineyard is an island off the coast of Cape Cod. Many families opt to take a summer vacation in this area. There’s so much to offer the entire family at Martha’s Vineyard. This lovely location isn’t full of amusement parks or water rides, but it is the home of many beautiful things to do. You can enjoy the local ice cream shops, the amazing views, and the overall culture of this fantastic island. If you’re planning to travel to Martha’s Vineyard this summer, you’ll surely arrive prepared with these 25 things to do in Martha’s Vineyard.
This post includes affiliate links.
25 Family-Friendly Activities For Your Martha’s Vineyard Vacation
- Bring some quarters to enjoy the binoculars on the boat ride over to Martha’s Vineyard.
- Check out the gingerbread cottages at The Campground, a National Historic Landmark.
- Take a ride on the oldest operating platform carousel in the U.S., the Flying Horses Carousel.
- Swim in the pool across from the YMCA or take some classes.
- Enjoy Island Alpaca where you can meet and greet the alpacas.
- Dine at Sharky’s where you can enjoy some delicious Mexican food.
- Enjoy the Vineyard Trails with a bike rental from Anderson’s Bike Rentals.
- Have a family fun day with the Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary nature programs.
- Head to woodsy Riverhead Disc Golf Course and play golf with Frisbees.
- Stop by Martha’s Vineyard Museum to indulge in the rich history of this island.
- Dine at the Right Fork Diner as you watch small airplanes take off.
- Spend a day near the ocean on the sand at Long Point.
- Pet the local horses or take riding lessons at Pond View Farm.
- Get your berry picking adventures on at Mermaid Farm and Dairy.
- Sign up for a kid’s dance workshop at The Yard.
- Pick out your own live lobsters and have them steamed by the Menemsha Fish Market.
- Stay at the Martha’s Vineyard Family Campground and pitch a tent for a night or two.
- Check out all five lighthouses with a day trip of lighthouse hopping adventures.
- Enjoy filmmaking and short movie entertainment at Cinema Circus.
- Visit the Aquinnah cliffs, the best place to enjoy a sunset in Massachusetts.
- Enjoy ice cream or a lobster roll at Menemsha Galley.
- Enjoy a pirate adventure where you can treasure hunt in Oak Bluffs.
- Enjoy a show at Martha’s Vineyard Playhouse and maybe see a Hollywood star.
- Visit Zen, a 14-acre Japanese garden with walkways, wooden bridges and much more.
- End your evening with a beautiful sunset at Menemsha Beach.
Take a Break at Martha’s Vineyard
There’s so much to enjoy in Martha’s Vineyard during your family summer vacation. The amazing sunsets, the sound of the ocean waves and the rich, historical culture found on this island make Martha’s Vineyard an excellent place to enjoy a family vacation.