I have been working from home since December of 2008. As both a blogger and a virtual assistant who wanted to find a way to make cash to support her family, there was a need for me to figure out how to make revenue without taking time away from my duties as a Mom. With that being said, it’s been a whole lot of trial and error. Each time something failed, I would check it off as something not to do again and proceed with a new method. After a lot of years of trial and error and figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up, I have a method to my madness that I wanted to share.
- Google Adsense – there are many people against this form of advertising. I say that’s foolish. Google Adsense may only bring in about $400 extra a year on average for me, but it’s well worth it. Now, I also have my YouTube videos monetized with Adsense which helps. Use this as a way to have money trickle into your bank account without much work.
- Direct Ad Sales – while this is something where you may get 1 yes for every 5 tries, it’s well worth your time. Figure out which brands would work well for sidebar banner advertisement on your site. Send these people direct email pitches, open the doors to letting these brands know that you are ready to supply ad space for a fee.
- Sponsored Advertorials – this is a great way to work on your writing skills while making extra cash. Often times, if you get lucky, you can nail contracts that the advertiser writes their own content so all you have to do is copy and paste then promote on social media. Advertorials are a creative way to get brands noticed while you make some cash.
- Viral Content – this is well known, when you can write a headline that just goes viral you will see traffic increase and in turn open the doors to more advertising options. Viral content is something you write that gets shared continuously on social media. Once you see a post takes off as viral, it’s time to insert some affiliate links so you make extra revenue off the traffic spike.
- Be Active – last, but not least, you must make sure that you maintain some activity on all social media outlets. Be certain to share content that pertains to your niche that is written by others as well as content from your own site. Develop the mindset that you are not in competition with any other work at home professional, you are putting info out there for those who are loyal to you. They will continue to support YOU even if you share other people’s content.
Hopefully these tips will help guide you forward in learning how to increase revenue with your work at home business. I wish you all much success and am free for questions periodically so don’t be afraid to leave a comment with a question or another suggestion you may have for other work at home business owners.