Many people want to eat better, but acting on it is challenging. Eating healthy isn’t as simple as it seems, especially when you’re used to particular foods and diets. Sometimes, it seems like an overwhelming task to prepare healthy meals, compared to stopping at a restaurant or ordering takeout. However, eating healthy isn’t impossible, expensive, and inaccessible as many people think it to be. Here are a few genius hacks to make your meal habits healthier.
Plan meals ahead of time
If you always wait until it’s a few hours to mealtime to start thinking of what to eat, you’re likely to consume unhealthy food. The reason is that you end up taking up a lot of time in the decision-making and result in fixing something quickly or ordering in. To avoid this, start planning meals early, at the beginning of the week if possible. This way, you know what you need to purchase and start making tasty meals such as ninja foodi baby back ribs in good time.
Have an early breakfast
Nutritionists and dieticians term breakfast as the most important meal of the day; you shouldn’t miss it. However, it’s advisable to eat an early and healthy breakfast to boost your metabolism and kick-start your day. When you consume a heavy breakfast in the early morning hours, your body conserves energy, enough to sustain you until the lunch period. This way, you live little to no room from snacking from the cookie jar before lunch hour when you can eat a healthy meal.
- ONE-OF-A-KIND GLASS DESIGN: Innovative 3-compartment glass lunch container designed with our materials-conscious Bentgo customers in mind – Offers built-in portion control with leak-proof compartments that accommodate one main entree and two side dishes
- LEAK-PROOF LID: Colorful lid features airtight seal and secure locking clips for mess-free transport and fresher food storage
- OVEN-SAFE UP TO 1100°F: Safely reheat meals in the oven without the lid and then store leftovers in the fridge for later
- PURCHASE WITH A PURPOSE: Bentgo is a proud supporter of Feed the Children, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides hope and resources for children and families who do not have enough food to eat. We have committed to donating a minimum of $200,000 through 2018 to help put an end to hunger
- WHAT YOU GET: Bentgo Glass lunch container, user manual, industry-leading 2 Year Warranty, and caring customer support.
Pack your lunch
Carrying homemade lunch is a genius way to avoid junk and consume healthy meals. However, with mornings being busy, you may lack enough time to whoop up a meal. Pack your lunch the previous night and set a reminder to get it out of the fridge before you leave for work. Packing lunch prevents you from giving in to the urges of consuming unhealthy food or missing a meal when work gets too busy.
Use small plates
Eating from a small plate is a genius hack to outsmarting your brain. When your brain registers that you’re consuming a full plate of food, it causes you to feel full faster and satiated to prevent overfeeding. Use different plate colors for various meals. If you’re consuming a high-calorie meal or getting a second-helping, use plates with bold colors such as red to reduce its appeal and keep you alert not to eat much.
Stock healthy snacks
If you have a habit of snacking, it can be challenging to resist the urge. Instead of trying to ignore it, stock up on healthy snacks such as carrots, nuts, and fruits to satisfy your cravings without spoiling your diet. Go to the mall on a full stomach to avoid impulse buying and make more thoughtful snack choices. Also, keep your snacks in a spot where you can see them for easy access when cravings strike.
Eating healthy isn’t easy for everyone, especially if you’re a picky eater. However, you should never skip nutritious meals. To make your meal habits healthier, eat meals from small plates, plan meals ahead of time, and snack on healthy foods. Also, make a habit of packing your lunch the night before and never miss breakfast.
- This handy kitchen scale features a 5-pound capacity.
- The exclusive, removable stainless-steel platform design improves cleaning efficiency.
- A stainless-steel spring and corrosion-resistant weighing mechanism provide durability, long-term accuracy, and strength.
- The angled dial with bold graphics improves reading accuracy and ease of use.
- A shatter-proof lens protects dial ensuring a long life and the rotating dial allows for container weight deduction (tare) and a quick zero for multiple ingredient measuring.
Brandy Ellen has been a blogger since 2008 and enjoys spending her free time with her family and making the most out of every moment she has. Brandy enjoys sharing personal stories, tips, and other advice based on real-life & work from home experiences to help others live a fulfilling life.
Like what you read? Did I help you in some way? Please consider leaving a thank you donation.