Do you try to listen to your gut instinct as often as possible? Listening to what your inner mind tells you is important, but you’re likely wondering if there is ever a chance for your gut feeling to be wrong.
Coming to grips with what your intuition is trying to tell you and why is the key to better understanding whether your gut feeling is correct or not.
Recognizing and Understanding Intuition Warning Signs
Some people are more intuitive than others. If you’re highly intuitive, pay attention to these common intuition warning signs that you may begin experiencing when doing different things. Whether you’re at home, out with friends, or even shopping at a grocery store, you may start to experience some of these signs:
- You’re constantly having thoughts about something in particular. If you keep thinking about something specific, even when you’re not trying to do so, it may be your gut instinct trying to tell you something. Comprehending the message is what’s most important.
- You’re having the same dream on more than one occasion. Do you have dreams that include the same people, places, and things a lot? Your subconscious mind may be trying to tell you something important. Most people won’t have the same dream on multiple occasions unless their intuition tells them something they need to know.
- You get a strange feeling in your stomach that tells you something is wrong. Is it normal for you to get a strange sensation in your stomach when doing something? It feels like you’ve been kicked in the gut. You may suddenly start to feel a slight bit of panic and concern. It doesn’t mean something will happen now, but it does mean that your gut instinct is trying to protect you from what could happen.
- You’re starting to feel uneasy when put in certain situations. Some situations may instantly make you feel uncomfortable. When you get that feeling, it’s essential to get out of those situations for your own good.
- Your impulsivity is at an all-time high. Are you suddenly starting to act impulsively without regret? You may start feeling this way because of what your intuition tells you and makes you feel.
Is It Possible for the Gut Feeling to Be Wrong?
When you have that gut instinct, you may choose to act on it. You’re trusting yourself and your intuition to lead you in the right direction. Now, is it possible for that gut instinct to be wrong? Of course. The truth is that your intuitions are correct, especially when you’re in tune with that side of yourself.
However, it’s your reaction and the emotions you start to experience that can make it seem like your gut instinct was wrong. For example, you may have a feeling about something and then overreact to it without knowing more about the situation. It doesn’t mean that your gut feeling was wrong in any way. It does mean that your reaction to that instinct was wrong.
How to Improve Your Intuitive Experiences
If you’ve been wrong in the past and would like to improve your intuitive experiences, there are several steps you can take.
Meditate More Often
Try to find more time to meditate. When you meditate, you become one with yourself. You learn to listen to your intuition and the gut instincts you’re experiencing while reacting appropriately to those feelings.
Don’t Act on Impulse
Just because you’re feeling something doesn’t mean you need to act impulsively. Trust your instinct, but don’t rush into doing anything, especially if you’re feeling uncertain. Try to resonate with the way you feel before taking actions related to the gut instinct that you’re experiencing.
Use Your Senses
Use the five senses to your advantage. When you’re breathing in that fresh air, paying attention to your surroundings, and just generally using sight, sound, touch, and more, it will help you connect better with your intuitive side.
Keep Track of Your Dreams
Some people easily remember their dreams, and others don’t. If you have vivid dreams, jot the details down in a notebook as soon as you get up in the morning. When you keep track of your dreams, it becomes easier to see if you’re experiencing repetition when it comes to where you’re at and who you’re seeing while sleeping. You can use that information to figure out what your intuition is trying to tell you.
When you have a gut instinct, it’s usually right, but that doesn’t mean your reaction to the intuition is always the right one. Improve your intuitive side by paying close attention to your dreams, using your senses to understand better what goes on around you, and meditating as often as possible.
Even if you’re not highly intuitive now, it doesn’t mean you won’t be in the future when you’ve taken the proper steps to improve your intuitive experiences. It’s all about tapping into that side of yourself.
Brandy Ellen has been a blogger since 2008 and enjoys spending her free time with her family and making the most out of every moment she has. Brandy enjoys sharing personal stories, tips, and other advice based on real-life & work from home experiences to help others live a fulfilling life.
Like what you read? Did I help you in some way? Please consider leaving a thank you donation.