While you love seeing the smiles on the faces of your loved ones when they’re opening the gifts you’ve bought for them, you might not like the idea of spending so much money between November and December. It can seem like a lot when you have to buy everything within a few weeks and still get your bills and other expenses paid. One of the best things you can do is to start buying Christmas gifts throughout the year. If you’re buying items here and there throughout the year, you can save money and have plenty to put under the tree for your loved ones. Are you looking for ways to start buying Christmas gifts throughout the year?
1. Pay Attention to What Your Loved Ones Want
Before you start buying anything for anyone, try to pay attention to what they’re talking about when discussing things they’d like to get. For example, one of your children may want to get a game that won’t get released until closer to Christmas. You could potentially pre-order that game when you have the extra money to do so instead of waiting until closer to Christmas to buy it. The same thing goes for other items that your loved ones may plan to add to their Christmas lists. Pay attention to these lists so that you can begin buying Christmas gifts throughout the year.
2. Check for Sales on Items
Check the weekly advertisements for some of your favorite stores, such as Target and Walmart, to see what types of sales they’re having. You never know what kinds of things you might find for sales, such as comfortable t-shirts, jewelry, handbags, beauty products, and other accessories. When these items are on sale, you can take a trip to the store to get them at a reduced price instead of paying the full price. You may then want to keep them in a sealed container or storage tote until you’re ready to wrap them for Christmas.
3. Clip Coupons
By the Sunday newspaper for the coupons! The paper itself should only cost around $3 or less, but it typically comes with a stack of coupons that can save you hundreds of dollars on items that you can buy for Christmas.
- Clip those manufacturer coupons for different products, including makeup, hair masks, body lotions, and more. You can make gift baskets with these items or wrap them as cute stocking stuffers for your loved ones.
- While the Sunday paper offers a wide variety of coupons available for you to use at different stores, you can also create accounts with stores that provide their discounts, such as Target and Dollar General.
- In addition, Target Circle is an app that allows you to create an account and get deals on different types of products. It’s even possible to get gift cards for spending a certain amount of money at times.
- Shopping at Target and using the Target Circle app is a bright idea for anyone who wants to start buying Christmas gifts throughout the year instead of waiting until the end of November to get started on the shopping.
4. Browse the Clearance Section
Start checking out the clearance section at stores while you’re shopping for Christmas. You may find some deeply discounted items that are in excellent condition. Different stores have sales at different times of the year when trying to get rid of older inventory to make room for newer stock. Target and Walmart are two of the leading companies known for deeply discounting all kinds of items at times, such as bedding, vacuum cleaners, and even toys. You may find toys for more than 70 percent off if you know when to shop and where!
5. Join a Facebook Group for Deals and Discounts
If you use Facebook, consider joining a group that regularly posts different deals and discounts on Amazon and other websites, including ShopStyle, Macy’s, and Target.com. Dedicated group members periodically post details about the sales and what you can get for a specific price, whether it’s hair products, household items, or toys for children. If you become a group member, you can stay informed and be aware of any sales to get the best deals on items for your loved ones.
How to Start Christmas Shopping
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. It’s the perfect time to get together with the family, give one another a few gifts, and spend quality time together. However, it doesn’t need to turn into a stressful time as you try to get a gift for each person to show them how much you care.
Instead, you can start Christmas shopping earlier in the year, collecting items and saving them in a storage tote until you’re ready to wrap them. If you begin shopping sooner, you won’t have to stress over trying to get everything at the last minute. You can find the best deals and save money by buying Christmas gifts throughout the year.