These Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs will be a fabulous option to enjoy Easter treats with your kids this year.
I was super excited to make rice cereal marshmallow treats the other night and then find out that I was able to get my hands on this content recipe provided by Outnumbered 3 to 1. If you’re looking for a fun treat to enjoy with your kids on Easter, then these Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs will surely be a fabulous pick.
How to Make Rice Krispies Treats
Enjoy my step by step tutorial on how to make this Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs recipe with your family this Easter season.
Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs
● 3 tablespoons butter
● 10 oz marshmallows
● 6 cups Rice Krispies
● 1 package Mini Robin Eggs
● ½ cup coconut
● 2-3 drops green food coloring
● Cooking spray
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
4. Spray a bit of cooking spray on your hands.
5. Form a small ball of Rice Krispies mixture, and place into mini muffin tin.
6. Using a spoon, form the ball around the bottom and sides, to create a “nest”.
7. Put coconut in a zipper bag and add food coloring, zip and shake well until coconut is coated and green in color.
8. Add a few coconut flakes to each “nest”.
9. Top with 3 Mini Robin Eggs.
How do you keep Rice Krispie treats from sticking to the pan?
In my recipe card below you’ll notice that I recommend you spray cooking spray on your hands. This helps ensure your Easter nest rice krispie treats don’t stick to you or the pan during the process.