Technology is a contentious issue among parents all over the world. Some dislike its presence in their children’s lives where others see the value of their children understanding and using technology as much as possible. With its bright graphics and character-rich messages, it’s no surprise that children absolutely love their gadgets and tablets. It’s not a surprise that the control that they get over the gadgets is half the fun, but the issue is that without limits, technology can be a problem for some.
As a parent, you get the chance to set those limits and ensure that your children get the best out of their tech without any of the added headaches. Technology can be addictive – we all know that – but with moderation you can avoid your child having issues with theirs. Technology is among some of the most successful tools to help your children to learn. We wouldn’t have gotten through most of the pandemic without remote teaching technology, would we? Technology is fun, it’s exciting and it helps your children to learn. Here are five ways that technology is a good thing for your children:
- They are better able to learn. Children respond very well to most digital platforms. Their school is going to have a digital curriculum for them to learn from and the earlier they use it, the better their understanding of literacy and reading. Your child is going to be able to gain so much more when they are using technology as part of their learning. They become more receptive to technology that enables them to interact and be a part of their own education.
- Improved concentration. There is plenty of research out there to indicate that children are going to benefit from the many gaming apps and opportunities out there that enable children to multitask. There are studies to show that children can give their attention to their apps better in some cases, offering much more accuracy and learning how to juggle tasks effectively.
- Teamwork makes the dreamwork. Collaborative learning has been one of the most important things that your children have come up against this year. Without it, they wouldn’t be able to work with other kids in class. Technology teaches them how to be empathetic and understanding, how to include others and what teamwork will mean to them.
- Children become more confident with technology. When children know how to use the technology set forth in front of them, they become so much more confident. They feel ahead of the curve rather than behind it, and it becomes a thing that they can do to feel smart and able to do more things for themselves as a result. Confidence is so important in children, and virtual simulations offer children the chance to be more accurate in their learning.
- They learn control. When you teach your children how to use technology and when not to use it, they learn how to be more controlled in their own learning. They learn boundaries and they learn how to understand what they are asked to do.