Imagine your child comes home from school with the lice letter. What’s your reaction? Most parents are instantly filled with dread when they find out there’s lice in their child’s classroom. Or worse – that their child has lice! But guess what? It’s possible for lice removal to be fear-free and drama-free!
All you need is the wet combing method. The wet combing method is safe, effective, all natural, and simple. The only tools required are water, conditioner, and a lice comb!
Here are three reasons why you should use the wet combing method for lice removal:
1. THE ONLY WAY TO KILL NITS IS TO PHYSICALLY REMOVE THEM
As you shop for lice removal products, you’ll probably see several solutions that claim to kill lice. And they do! But they don’t kill nits, and that’s why they don’t work.
Nits are lice eggs and as long as they remain on your child’s head, they will continue to hatch and produce even more lice. That’s why physically removing nits from the head with a comb is the only way to stop the lifecycle and end an infestation.
2. WATER CAUSES LICE TO FREEZE IN PLACE
Why is it the wet combing method? Because lice freeze in place when they’re wet, making it that much easier to capture and remove them. By keeping your child’s hair damp with water throughout the combing process, you won’t have to chase after lice!
3. YOU CAN KEEP PESTICIDES OFF YOUR CHILD’S HEAD
With the wet combing method, no pesticides are required! Did you know that if a chemical claims to kill a pest, it’s considered a pesticide? We don’t want to put potentially harmful products on our children’s heads, and we don’t expect you to either.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
If you find yourself with a lice infestation on your hands, remain calm. All the supplies you need for the wet combing method are sold together in the Dollar General Lice and Nit Removal Kit with WelComb®! The kit includes:
- Conditioner to lubricate the hair, making it easy to comb out lice and nits. (Don’t worry, it’s free of pesticides, harsh chemicals and ineffective oils!)
- A Detangler Comb to remove tangles and evenly distribute conditioner throughout the hair.
- A WelComb® that has rigid teeth just the right distance apart so no louse or nit can slip through and a beveled edge that allows you to get right down to the scalp where lice and nits like to hide.