Having time with your spouse alone is so important for a relationship. It helps to keep you connected and reminds you of why you married each other. Below are some romantic date night at home ideas, for when the kids are tucked in bed. Trying to find a babysitter to watch your kids can sometimes be impossible, so get creative and have date nights after they go to bed. You can have these date nights in the comfort of your home, so you don’t have to depend on someone else to watch your kids.
These are some romantic date night at home ideas that you can pick through to find some great ideas on how you should spend your date night! I recommend scheduling a date night at least once every two weeks with your spouse. These date night ideas are affordable, so it will make it easier to do! So get the kids down for the night, grab your spouse and just enjoy quality time together!
Romantic Date Night at Home Ideas
- Go outside and roast marshmallows on a chilly night, and enjoy a little fire.
- Romantic Candle Lit Dinner, you can even take out for the meal!
- Look at old photo albums and reminisce.
- Watch your wedding video and create your first dance all over again.
- Turn the lights off and watch a romantic movie together with some popcorn.
- Get all dressed up and go nowhere, just lounge at home and spend the night talking.
- Give each other massages to relax after a long week.
- Play truth or dare.
- Plan for an upcoming dream vacation for you and your family.
- Bubble bath for two.
- Wine or beer tasting at home.
- Create a gourmet meal together.
- Have a chocolate fondue party, that you feed each other the food.
- Play the newlywed game to see how much you know about each other.
- Write questions on cards and randomly draw them out of a hat for a conversation starter.
- Take a personality test to see how you compare.
- Play the game of Twister and get tangled up.
- Reminisce on how you met and fell in love.
- Buy some paint and blank canvases and paint together.
- Have a slumber party in the living room by the fireplace.
Married or Not These Ideas Work
There you have it some easy ways you can have a romantic date night at home without stressing over who will watch the kids this time. Raising kids is no joke, parenthood is tough y’all but with these ideas you can certainly work to keep the magic alive within your marriage.
Not married? Well some of these ideas work great as a girl or guy night in with friends too. You can use this romantic date night at home ideas list in any creative way you wish. Have fun, be you and remember that keeping friendships alive as a priority is a must.
Supplies for Your Romantic Date Night at Home
Affiliate links below.