When the heating system gets damaged, you’re stuck with two evident choices- repair or replacement. Both have their benefits, as well as disadvantages. So, how do you know which option will work best for you? Well, if you’re facing such issues right now, you’ve just come to the right place for solutions. Let’s help you make the best choice:
What conditions favor repair over replacement?
- When the system is new – If you’ve installed the heating system just recently, there’s no point replacing it. Most reliable companies offer up to 5 years of warranty on the individual parts, a whopping 10 years on exchangers and other perks. Ask around for HVAC contractor referrals and select only the licensed and certified professionals for maximum damage control. Once you shortlist some names, call them up and ask them to repair your system as soon as possible.
- When the problem lies in the duct – Sometimes, it’s not the heating system that requires a replacement but the ductwork. Only an expert will be able to diagnose the real issue, so getting the system checked by a professional should be your first step before investing in a new system.
- When you’re moving to a new place – There’s no point investing in a new system when you already have your bags packed, and it’s just a matter of a few days. You can call an expert to look into the matter and see if the system can be repaired to last a few more days. In case during the repair process the experts need to wash out the fuel, then you will be facing a lack of availability of oil. Therefore it becomes a necessity to order it now and get it delivered at your doorstep. Wondering how? Well, check your area and you will find the perfect one such as Romeo’s Fuel and boiler juice. If there is a requirement for heating oil then you can get it delivered to your doorstep easily.
When should you replace the unit heater?
- It’s an old system – If the damaged system is more than 15-20 years old, it is best if you replace it, as the costs of repair will probably go through the roof. Replacing an old unit heater with an advanced, more efficient one will be worth the investment. Opt for a reputable company with years of experience to invest in a new system.
- It requires constant repair – If your heating system gets damaged frequently, it’s time you replace it with a new one. Not only you’ll overcome the hassles of constant repair but also the new unit heater will improve the air quality in your home.
- Money is a concern – In many cases, installing an advanced heating system in your home gives you certain tax benefits. Further, the new unit heater will help you cut down your utility costs and save more money.
- Upgrade your heating system – If you’re using an old furnace from the 70s, you should get it replaced as soon as possible. You can’t imagine how much energy you’re wasting right now, and how much you can save by replacing it. Contact a reputable HVAC contractor today to get an idea about which system will work best for you.
All heating and cooling units should be properly maintained to ensure their longevity. Even if you install a new system, you should opt for regular maintenance services to keep it in its best form for years. Weigh all your options carefully before making a decision.