Did you know that being kind to others can help boost your own inner happiness? With all the hate in this world, I have always felt like we need to be the light and show others that there still is good in this world. A simple hello to a stranger, putting a cart back for an elderly person, holding the door. All of these are simple but yet easy ways to be kind to others.
Acts of kindness are a great way to make us feel of value and help boost our spirits as well as others. We show others a simple gesture of kindness and it helps us feel like we are making a difference in the world. Below are a ton of ways that you can be kind to others, and it doesn’t take money or a lot of time. So when you go out to start your day, think of this list and try to bless others with the gift of kindness.
Ways to Be Kind to Others Each and Every Day
- Be polite.
- Hold the door for the person behind you.
- Give a family member a call and tell them you are thinking of them.
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru.
- Give a compliment to someone.
- Leave a random gift for someone.
- Give a good tip to a waiter/waitress after they did a great job.
- Thank someone.
- Make a meal for someone in need.
- Smile at a stranger.
- Help listen to someone when they are having a hard time.
- Send someone you know a card to wish them well.
- Thank a service man or women.
- Write sweet notes for kids or husband and put in lunch.
- Make a family member their favorite meal.
- Let your spouse sleep in.
- Plant a garden and give the extra produce away for free to those in need.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
- Donate your clothes to anyone in need.
- Help out someone with yard work who is unable to.
- Go to the nursing home and talk to the people and just cheer them up.
- Leave a dollar or two at a vending machine for the next person.
- Volunteer in your town.
- Let someone cut in front of you when they have fewer items than you.
- Go for a walk with a friend and listen to them as they talk about their day.
- Help someone who looks like they have their hands full.
- If you see someone drop something, return it.
- Send special prayers for loved one and those in need.
- Be polite on the road.
- Offer to babysit a child for a friend.
- Make a meal or gift basket for a new parent.
- Ask to run errands for someone who is homebound and can’t get out.
- Clean your neighbor’s snow from their drive before you do your own.
- Give up your seat on a train or bus.
- Apologize when you know you are in the wrong.
- Be honest.
- Speak kind things to others all the time.
- Take donuts to work for your co-workers to enjoy.
- Express your gratitude.
- Teach your kids kindness.
What ways do you try to be kind to others each day?
Brandy Ellen has been a blogger since 2008 and enjoys spending her free time with her family and making the most out of every moment she has. Brandy enjoys sharing personal stories, tips, and other advice based on real-life & work from home experiences to help others live a fulfilling life.