This post is sponsored by TruDog Dental Care Gift Pack.
I had a senior pug named Jenny who came to us with some dental issues, but that didn’t stop us from trying to get her the best vet care possible for the duration we had her as a family dog.
I used to use products like the Clean Me Dental Chews to make sure she could recoup a bit from the lack of dental care in the five years before we adopted her.
Today I’m sharing some tips that will help reduce the expense involved with dental care for dogs. I want you to see what type of products and tips will work for at home care for your dog’s dental care so that you don’t get stick shock (like I did) when you visit the vet to have them peek at your dog’s mouth.
How to Clean Dog Teeth Without Brushing
- Canned dog food and Clean Me Dental Chews were two of the best options I had found for Jenny the pug as a senior.
- I know that many may feel it’s easier just to brush their dog’s teeth regularly, but not all canines take to having their mouths messed with.
- While some will be able to tolerate it every day, others need to have their teeth cleaned at least once a week.
- I found that using the canned food option is best for dogs who are more sensitive around the mouth area.
- Give your doggy something extra they can chew on, like some doggy toys that have a harder exterior to chew on.
- You could also get some dental spray that works wonders to clean dog teeth without brushing.
In all honesty, cleaning your dog teeth without brushing is all about getting creative with the products your pet store or places like TruDog have on hand to help you out with your dog’s dental care needs.
I hope that this article has helped you understand more about the world of dogs, and how you can clean your dog teeth without brushing.