I received this Utter Nonsense Family Edition for free.
Utter Nonsense is the brain child of two sibling entrepreneurs and is now available in Target. Tim and Shannon Swindle are brother and sister.
They are the creators of Utter Nonsense, but after much feedback from parents, they decided to up the ante with a Family Edition of Utter Nonsense. This was a brilliant idea.
About Utter Nonsense Family Edition
- Utter Nonsense: Family Edition is a hilarious, family-friendly card game where players combine silly voices with even sillier phrases to create sayings that are just plain ridiculous.
- The game contains 50 Utter Nonsense accent list cards and 450 Phrase Cards which players combine and act out. You don’t have to be good at accents and the combinations don’t need to make sense. Players are encouraged to improvise and make the phrases their own because the best performance wins the round.
- Age 8 is the suggested starting point so that kids can read the cards, but the humor is appropriate for all ages. Both kids and adults will have fun playing the game!
- Sold exclusively at Target stores and online. Retails for $24.99. You can purchase the Utter Nonsense Naughty Edition on Amazon.
Let’s Have Some Utter Nonsense Fun – Family Style
Well, you need at least 4 players due to the requirement of needing an Utter Nonsense judge plus players to act out the sounds in this adorable accent-driven game.
As you can see in the image above, gameplay starts by initiating the person with the stinkiest feet to be the Utter Nonsense judge.
- Deal 7 Phrase cards out to each player and then reveal the Accent Card.
- Move clockwise, from the left of the Utter Nonsense judge.
- Take turns saying 1 phrase card by a person using the accent that is listed on the Accent Card.
- The Utter Nonsense Judge will determine who spoke the funniest phrase and that will be the winner of this round.
- That person who was deemed the funniest is now given the crown to be the Utter Nonsense judge for the next round.
- Gameplay continues until a player wins 5 rounds.
Grab up the Family and Enjoy Utter Nonsense Today
Whether you are hosting a summer BBQ with family and friends or enjoying a game night with your larger family, Utter Nonsense Family Edition is perfect for children ages 8 and up.
Shown above is my little dude, he’s our Comedian in the family and this game was right up his alley.
It was hilarious listening to him try to speak many accents and phrases.
The Benefits of Game Play with Family
There are so many benefits to putting up those electronic devices and playing games with the family. Throughout the years I have been that Mama who has a closet full of board games.
The trio and I have spent so many hours playing various board games that we are thankful to be able to get more games this year, such as Utter Nonsense Family Edition to add to our collection.[azonpress template=”list” asin=”B079KHWSWG”]
Benefits of Family Game Night
- Deeper Bond with Kids – having fun together increases that connection between parent and child. Children who grow up with parent(s) who are able to get down to their level and be a child often have a deeper bond with their parents long term.
- Communication Gets Better – when playing games with the family you have to talk to each other, unless you are playing some acting out game that requires utter silence obviously. Most game play requires that you speak to the other players and in turn communication between parent and kids is built.
- The Household is Happier – when you take time to have a game night with your kids there’s something that changes in the household. Each family member seems happier for their needs of attention are being met. Playing games with the kids helps give them the attention they need for healthy growth.
Whatever your reasons are for seeking out a new family edition game, I give Utter Nonsense Family Edition a huge five stars out of five stars.
Utter Nonsense Family Edition is great for bonding, laughter, and getting in touch with your inner child through gameplay that doesn’t involve electronics.
Visit the Utter Nonsense website today, click here.
Get Social with Utter Nonsense on
What is utter nonsense?
Utter nonsense refers to something that someone says that is silly and makes no sense. Utter nonsense family edition is a game that you can play with family on family game night to make silly sentences, phrases, and accents together.
How do you play utter nonsense?
utter nonsense is played by handing each player 7 phrase cards. Then the judge reveals 1 accent card. Take turns saying the phrase with the accent and the judge will rule which person said the phrase the best. The person who said it best, gets the crown and gameplay continues with a new accent card.